Photo courtesy of NYCWFF
The largest wine and food festival in New York – Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One (NYCWFF) – will be returning to the city from October 14-17 this year. The festival is a partnership between God’s Love We Deliver and Food Bank for New York City. God’s Love We Deliver is a new beneficiary, however it has provided medically tailored meals and nutrition counseling for individuals living with severe illnesses since 1985. Food Bank for New York City is the festival’s long-time beneficiary, and stands as the city’s largest hunger-relief organization with a network of over 1,000 charities and schools citywide; almost 1 in 5 New Yorkers relies on Food Bank for food and other resources.
The goal of NYCWFF is twofold: education and celebration.
NYCWFF aims to support New Yorkers during this difficult time by educating the public and raising awareness, and funds, for severe illness and food poverty. The festival has raised almost $14 million for its charitable causes, with 100% of its net proceeds supporting its mission to “EAT. DRINK. FEED NYC,” according to organizers. Between the NYCWFF and its sister event in Miami Beach SOBEWFF, over $45 million has been raised to benefit the respective charities included in the festivals.
Concurrently, NYCWFF also celebrates New York’s hospitality industry by offering a platform upon which chefs, bartenders, and restaurateurs can promote their businesses and brands. Over the course of 4 days, the festival will host over 65 events that include walk-around tastings, intimate dinners, late-night parties, brunches, lunches, and family-friendly events as well according to organizers. Featured events will be hosted and led by infamous Food Network and Cooking Channel personalities, culinary influencers, and celebrated chefs.
In addition to Master Classes taught by world-famous chefs, the festival will also feature its Intimate Dinner Series presented by Air France – 20 seated dinners featuring one-night-only collaborations from NYC chefs and the Festival’s exclusive provider, Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits. According to the festival, participating chefs include: Giada De Laurentiis, Bryan and Michael Voltaggio, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Marcus Samuelsson, Alex Guarnaschelli, Gabriel Kreuther, Michael White, Melba Wilson, Chintan Pandya, Emily Yuen, Corey Chow, Laetitia Rouabah, Amanda Freitag and Stephanie Izard.
Details and Logistics:
- This year the festival will be held at Hudson River Park’s Pier 76 and Pier 86.
- Health and Safety
- All attendees must complete a health screening survey and provide the festival with proof of full vaccination, or a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hours of the event. For further information on the health and safety protocols at the festival, follow this link: nycwff.org/healthandsafety
- August 9-August 15 will be Pre-Sale
- This will be available to Capital One credit and debit Cardholders
- Special perks will include early entry to events, access to the Intimate Dinner Series, discounted tickets, and access to Capital One Cardholder exclusive events
- August 16 will be General Admission
- This will be open to the public
- For the complete line-up of all events, follow this link: nycwff.org
- August 9-August 15 will be Pre-Sale
Founded by attorneys Andreas Koutsoudakis and Michael Iakovou, KI Legal focuses on guiding companies and businesses throughout the entire legal spectrum as it relates to their business including day-to-day operations and compliance, litigation and transactional matters.
This information is the most up to date news available as of the date posted. Please be advised that any information posted on the KI Legal Blog or Social Channels is being supplied for informational purposes only and is subject to change at any time. For more information, and clarity surrounding your individual organization or current situation, contact a member of the KI Legal team, or fill out a new client intake form.