Governor Cuomo announced yesterday morning in a press conference that the Covid-19 state of emergency will not be renewed today in New York.
Here are some happenings to look forward to:
- There will be no more daily Covid-19 updates as we are transitioning into a new phase, which the Governor dubbed the “post-COVID emergency period”
- The “Circle of Heroes Monument to Essential Workers”
- This monument, designed by a group representing essential workers in New York State, will be unveiled on Labor Day in Battery Park City.
- Child care scholarships
- $25 million in scholarships will be awarded to essential workers in order to support them in the face of terminated CARES Act scholarships.
- “Safe Staffing Bills”
- To be implemented by January 1st, these laws will aid healthcare facilities in planning and preparing for future challenges based on our experience with Covid-19.
- As such, healthcare facilities will have to establish committees operated those who provide direct care, such as nurses, administrators, and staffers, that will have to develop safe staffing plans
- The New York State Department of Health will oversee these laws and their implementation
This being said, federal CDC guidelines will stay in place until further notice; face masks are still required in public settings for those who are still unvaccinated and local governments retain the ability to enforce mask requirements where those rules remain in effect at their own discretion.
This information is the most up to date news available as of the date posted. Please be advised that any information posted on the KI Legal Blog or Social Channels is being supplied for informational purposes only and is subject to change at any time. For more information, and clarity surrounding your individual organization or current situation, contact a member of the KI Legal team, or fill out a new client intake form.